Arachnophobia. We haz it.

Actually, I'm not too bad about spiders. They still freak me out sometimes, but many times I handle them just fine. I realize there are others who aren't so fortunate, though, and that's why I'm relating this little bit of my hike yesterday in a separate entry.

I was coming down Horn Canyon outside Ojai much later than I expected, and much later than I'm usually out on a trail. It was after 6:00, the sun was starting to go down, and the shadows were stretching across the trail. There were changes in the local wildlife that I don't usually get to see. The day shift was ending, and the night shift was starting to come out. Including one of the local tarantulas, just moseying along the trail as I walked past.

It wasn't very big, and it was moving slowly. I guess it hadn't had its coffee yet. Slowly enough that I could stop and take a couple of pictures without feeling like I was in imminent danger.

And here it is. If you want to see, just click on the images below. If you don't, you can just move along. I'll be writing about the rest of my hike later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whew!

Where the Wild Things Are

Recommended viewing